Sunday, July 27, 2008

the rest of my Swiss Trip...sorry

I love you ALL! But this takes a lot of effort to post-date/write my Swiss entries, so I am going to just copy and paste my photos from there and some comments.

FYI: we spent 3 days in Ticcino, or "SWISS-TALY!" We also climbed stuff (spelling is hard in French), went to a marmot (those are WOOD CHUCKS [there are 14 species of them]) preserve, went to a spa at Bex, met his parents (I'm a hit!) and his friends (team bornet is on BOARD with the Kate Plan), spent a day in Geneva, and went to Evian for Bastille Day.


I took this picture in the car on the way up. This is Sonogna, where Elettra used to live and where her family’s cabin is


This is where we stayed. Outside there were wild strawberries, lizards, and one viper, which scared Philippe out of his Swiss socks


These things were on the highway about every 50 yards in Ticcino. They didn’t seem to have a purpose except to make the Italians feel better about driving without the fear of death.


They were also on the mountains


This is me on the cable car across the River Maggiore…slightly terrifying. Like the shades? I seriously needed them.


This is me writing letters at an outdoor cafĂ© in Geneva. It was so nice, and we had coffee and a nutella (yum!) crepe…wowzers! Quelle breakfast!


We went swimming in this very river…


PRETTY RIVERS!!!!

Here are some views from our hikes (I can’t spell no French no ways)


Some of those white things are sheep, which were hearded by these REALLY awesome black dogs. Seriously amazing


Pretty flowers


Cimetta just above timber line (those other mountains, the ones that don’t make sense and look pretty but disorganized…ITALY!)

WOOOO! KATE WINS!


Me licking the sign at the Bex Salt Mines…it was NOT as salty as advertised


This was the city hall of Bellinzona next to where we ate a late dinner of “I give you what we have in kitchen…NO MENU HERE!”


I got the Bastille Day Mini Golf Invitational Skillz


Me at the riverside in Ticcino, after a day of KILLER hiking


Philippe LOVES being on the mountains…seriously he’s like at his best up there.


This is Locarno, Ticcino, SWITZERLAND…figure that out.


This Marmot (in America they’re called “woodchucks”) is posing

BEBEH MARMOT!!!!!! Insert “awwwwww” here

This is called a “stupa” and is put at high altitudes by Buddhists…pretty

No comments: