Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Dangers of Cross Cultural Communication

to Sully Sullenberger something- (v) to attempt to metaphorically "get the plane's nose up" despite the fact that the "plane" is crashing into an icy river; an attempt to control a deteriorating situation

An actual conversation I had last night with a Francophone Swede (yup, you heard right) and a French girl.

Me: That band was great, fo rizzle!

Him: rizzle?

Me: Like you know, fo shizzle.

izzle?

Ummm...I was trying to say for real--

Her: --but you didn't

No, I added an "izzle"

Why?

You know Snoop D-O-double gizzle

Both: huh?

Snoop Dogg

Oooooohhh!! Snoop Doggy Dogg. Yes.

<NOTE: This conversation is going NOWHERE GOOD and I should have stopped it here, but I had to Sully Sullenberger it...I felt compelled to keep going>

Well, like that song where he adds "izzle" to things...ummm...

What?

"HOLIDAE INN!" That's the song! You know that one with Chingy and...


You know..."fo shizzle nizzle"...with the...it's slang

For what?

Eh...ummm...this a kind of moment like I talked about before, when something is "awkward" or amuseant. Oh, look, the bass player is coming this way! Let's say hi!


We are both so misunderstood...fo' rizzle

No comments: